SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Nerds, geeks, and fans assemble! FanX Spring 2019 is in full swing at the Salt Palace this weekend.
The two-day event goes from Friday, April 19th to Saturday, April 20th from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. with a full schedule for opportunities to nab autographs and photos with your favorite celebrities.
Hundreds of exhibitors will be available for fan merchandise, artwork, food, and more. Panels are scheduled throughout the weekend to discuss various topics from fandom to fantasy.
Cosplayers can show off their weeks and months of hard work by entering the FanX 2019 Cosplay Contest in the Grand Ballroom Saturday night at 7 p.m.
New features debuting at FanX Spring 2019 is the Friend Zone, a place to meet other like-minded people, make friends, and connect. Guests can check out the Ames Room, a new Photo Op this year on the South side of the Grand Ballroom.
Some of the Saturday celebrity and panel spotlights are:
- Pom Klementieff Spotlight Panel at 10 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- Zachary Levi Spotlight Panel at 11 a.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- Tom Felton Spotlight Panel at 12 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- Aladdin Spotlight Panel: Linda Larkin & Scott Weinger Spotlight Panel at 1 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- Supernatural Spotlight Panel with Samantha Smith and Mark Pellegrino at 2 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- Clark Gregg Spotlight Panel at 3 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- Asher Angel Spotlight panel at 4 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- Jess Harnell Variety Hour at 5 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom
- The Brandon and Brandon Show with Brandon Sanderson and Brandon Mull
Be sure to stop by the ABC4 News booth at FanX for some free swag!