UPDATE: A woman, not involved in the theft of the dog, showed up at the animal shelter with “Cha Cha” to help facilitate the return to the dog’s owner.
According to Roxeanne Vainuku, West Valley City Police, there are indications there was confusion over whether the dog was attended or not.
Police are sorting through the details but reported Cha Cha is safe and healthy and has been returned to her owner.
WEST VALLEY CITY (ABC4 News) – West Valley City police are trying to find a stolen dog.
Police said a dog named Cha Cha was stolen from its owner at the Café Rio restaurant on Constitution Blvd.
Police believe the woman in the black shirt and ripped jeans grabbed the dog’s carrier from the seating area when the owner stepped away for a moment and took off with the dog.
The woman was with two other women, you can see them in the surveillance photos at the counter, and with two small children.
If you have any information about the dog or the suspects in this case, call 801-840-4000 or send WVCPD a private message (case #19I012648).
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Timpanogos High School moves to hybrid schedule due to increase in COVID-19 cases
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- Searchers still looking for Idaho man missing after hiking in High Uintahs last week
- Man shot, killed in Midvale by police had told officers to ‘shoot me’ January case
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments