Welding explosion sparks Clearfield fire

Local News

CLEARFIELD, Utah (ABC4) – A fire sparked in Clearfield Friday morning after a welding explosion.

Emergency crews were called to Morgan Pavement Company on Main Street around 7:10 a.m. for a possible explosion.

North Davis Fire tells ABC4 a welder was welding into an old tank, trying to convert it into a pavement storage tank.

The welder reported hearing a hiss coming from the tank and ran outside just as the tank exploded.

Authorities say the explosion caused a fire, with smoke visible from miles away. Photos from the scene, seen below, show the charred and ruptured tank.

Several fire departments responded to the scene, putting out the fire quickly.

No injuries have been reported, and fire crews will remain on scene to manage the incident.

No damage estimate has been released at this time.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Utah Coronavirus

More Coronavirus Updates

IN FOCUS

More In Focus

Justice Files

More Justice Files