WEBER COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Weber County Sherriff’s Office is mourning one of its own sergeants who died Tuesday morning.
The sheriff’s office said Sgt. Marilee Howell died after battling cancer for several years.
Deputies say that Sgt. Howell worked for over 20 years with Utah Adult Probation and Parole before eventually working with Weber County Sherriff’s Office in 2013.
Sgt. Howell was described as a dedicated employee who went out of her way to do a “difficult job with integrity and tenacity.”
Sgt. Howell’s husband, Mike, said: “Marilee loved being a Weber County Deputy and loves those she worked with.”
Deputies added in a Facebook post, “Sgt. Howell will be missed; she was a fighter to the end. Goodbye, my friend!”
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Super Bowl Commercials: Molly Ringwald to star alongside an avocado
- Senate Republicans want to hear ‘both sides’ of impeachment trial
- Gun rights advocates pick up trash after protesting peacefully in Richmond
- 49ers offensive assistant coach Katie Sowers discusses her road to the NFL
- Police warn about ‘highly addictive substance’ hitting the streets: Girl Scout cookies