SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A new WalletHub study is shining the spotlight on Salt Lake City. Utah’s capital city ranks #11 on 2019’s Best State Capitals to Live in list.
WalletHub says state capitals are often thriving cities with a lot of economic and culture value, and that they can be some of the best places to live.
To come up with their rankings, WalletHub compared all 50 state capitals across key indicators like affordability, economic well-being, quality of education and health and quality of life.
Here’s how Salt Lake City ranks on those key indicators, with 1=Best, 25=Avg.
- 23rd – Median Household Income (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 1st – Unemployment Rate
- 20th – % of State-Local- & Federal-Government Employees
- 23rd – % of Population in Poverty
- 10th – % of Adults with Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- 11th – Health Conditions
- 24th – Avg. Weekly Work Hours
- 6th – % of Millennial Newcomers
- 11th – Number of Attractions
The number spot? Austin, Texas; Boise, Idaho came in 2nd.
For the full report, click here.