SALT LAKE COUNTY (ABC4 News) – After a morning of intense snowfall, at least one natural avalanche occurred in Little Cottonwood Canyon Friday morning.
Utah Department of Transportation shared a video of a natural slide in the canyon taken from State Route 210 at 10:23 a.m.
The canyon was closed for a couple of hours Friday while crews performed avalanche control work.
According to the Utah Avalanche Center, the canyon received more than a foot of snow in less than 4 hours. Natural avalanches are likely during periods of heavy precipitation, the organization said on Twitter.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- What Utah hunters should know about this year’s waterfowl hunts
- Rewearing your outfit can help you conserve water: Here’s how
- 10 things every woman should know about the female body
- Why a popular Hawaii tourist attraction could soon be gone
- UPDATE: DA says deadly Pioneer Park officer-involved shooting was justified