Ornaments on a beard. That simple concept has made Utahn Jason McOmber a lot of money.
McOmber is the owner of “Beardaments”. He started the company 5 years ago.
“We put Christmas ornaments in beards,” he said. “[I] did it for fun one time at a party and it’s really taken off.”
He says his first year of the business they made $80,000 in sales. The second year he says the company made $155,000 in sales, and last year $462,000 in sales. They’re projected to do about $600-700,00 this year.
Back in February a producer from the hit ABC show “Shark Tank” called an invited him on the show. His episode aired Sunday night.
In the end, Kevin O’Leary offered McOmber $150,000, but for a 25% stake, and he accepted.
Order your Beardament today on https://beardaments.com/ . Right now the company is offering a Shark Tank special. Get 15% off and free shipping to the U.S. with promo code SHARK15.
What others are reading:
- Jazz owner Gail Miller makes statement about riots in Salt Lake City
- ABC4 reporter injured during SLC protest: ‘I am ok’
- 264 new cases, 1 more COVID-19 related death
- Utah’s Hogle Zoo lays off 27 percent of staff due to financial impact of COVID-19
- ABC 4 News captures police officer armed in protest gear pushing down man with cane