SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Authorities say a Utah woman arrested on suspicion of driving with a suspended license and having illegal drugs tried to persuade an officer she was her daughter.
A probable cause statement says the 38-year-old Heather Elaine Garcia repeatedly identified herself as her 20-year-old daughter during the traffic stop Saturday north of Salt Lake City. Garcia finally acknowledged she lied after the officer noticed she didn’t look like the photo he found of her daughter.
Police say there were several arrest warrants for Garcia. The officer found methamphetamine in the car.
She was booked into the Davis County jail on $5,230 bail on suspicion of drug and driving counts as well as on providing false information in an attempt to impersonate somebody else.
It’s unknown if Garcia has an attorney.
What others are reading:
- Alpine School District outlines proposed back to school plan
- Firefighters respond to new wildfire in Vernal
- Squirrel tests positive for bubonic plague in Colorado
- Police reform in Utah: New poll suggests Utahns want more systemic reforms in place
- Google Fiber expands to Millcreek