SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Church officials say a Utah man who died from the coronavirus had visited a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints temple the week before his diagnosis.
The temple in Bountiful, north of Salt Lake City, was closed Sunday after state health officials announced the man’s death. It wasn’t immediately clear how many people had visited the temple at the same time as the man or in the days before it was closed.
County health officials are tracing who the man might have come in contact with.
Davis County Health Department officials didn’t immediately respond Tuesday to questions about the case.
LATEST CORONAVIRUS NEWS:
- Rescue teams respond to Mount Timpanogos Saturday
- UPDATE: Officers locate body of missing Wasatch man after month-long search
- Police arrest man trying to enter D.C. security checkpoint with loaded gun, fake inauguration credentials
- BREAKING THE ICE: Lone Peak Officers tackle ice rescue training
- President-elect Biden announces picks for science team as security tightens ahead of inauguration