PROVO, Utah (ABC4 News) – A Utah man is facing charges after police said he used the ride-sharing service to transport nearly 11 pounds of meth in Provo on Friday.
22-year-old Edgar Valdez was arrested after an Uber driver picked up Valdez at a hotel in Provo and attempted to alert the police by deliberately following too close and making improper lane changes.
An officer pulled over the driver and noticed the passengers nervous behavior so he brought in a K9 to search the vehicle, in which the bag of meth was then discovered.
Valdez was charged with two counts second-degree felony possession of illegal drugs with the intent to distribute.
What others are clicking on:
- What to know about Prediabetes – and a new online screening test
- Man faces child abuse charges after 10-month-old suffers bruises, broken leg
- SCOTUS struggles with Trump arguments over DACA
- Meet the hosts of the CMA Awards – Carrie Underwood, Reba and Dolly Parton
- Alex Trebek gets choked up over contestant’s answer