PROVO, Utah (ABC4 News) – A Utah man is facing charges after police said he used the ride-sharing service to transport nearly 11 pounds of meth in Provo on Friday.
22-year-old Edgar Valdez was arrested after an Uber driver picked up Valdez at a hotel in Provo and attempted to alert the police by deliberately following too close and making improper lane changes.
An officer pulled over the driver and noticed the passengers nervous behavior so he brought in a K9 to search the vehicle, in which the bag of meth was then discovered.
Valdez was charged with two counts second-degree felony possession of illegal drugs with the intent to distribute.
What others are clicking on:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing