SILVER SUMMIT, Utah (ABC4) – A Summit County man is in custody after threatening to lock himself in a residence and burn it down, telling a witness “it was going to be like Ruby Ridge here.”

On Thursday, the Summit County Sheriff’s Office were called to a report that 56-year-old Gary Lee Jamieson was making threats to another person living with him that he was going to barricade himself inside his home and burn it down. He also threatened to keep the other person’s dogs inside the home and kill them.

A deputy conducted a traffic stop on Jamieson near Tollgate Canyon Road. The deputy found Jamieson is a convicted felony out of Idaho and had a loaded .357 Magnum Smith & Wesson revolver in the car with him.

Other Summit County Sheriff’s deputies responded to Jamieson’s home and noticed an odor of propane outside the home. Fire personnel arrived and turned off the main gas line to two propane tanks for the home.

While emergency crews worked to clear the home of any other possible devices to burn down the home, they found dogs barking in the home. Additionally, they noted an exterior door was barricaded from inside and a window was covered in tape and aluminum foil to prevent anyone from seeing in the home.

A deputy noted finding an additional propane tank in the home that was connected to a yellow flexible gas tube that was not connected to anything else. A battery charger was found next to the propane tank. That charge was plugged into a battery next to two other car batteries with additional wires connected to yet another power source.

Authorities called it a propane explosive device, which fire crews report appeared to be a “substantial step” for Jamieson’s threats.

A witness on the scene told investigators there had been ongoing domestic disputes between Jamieson and the woman living with him. In a written statement, the witness says Jamieson told him “it was about to get real [expletive] around here with police-involved” and that “it was going to be like Ruby Ridge here.”

In the early 1990s, an 11-day siege took place near Naples, Idaho. U.S. Marshals Service deputies approached the home of Randy Weaver, who was accused of selling sawed-off shotguns to an undercover agent and eventually crossed paths with the family. A firefight then broke out, with Wever’s wife and son being killed.

SLIDESHOW: Photos from Ruby Ridge

Jamieson was taken into custody for aggravated arson, possession of a firearm by a restricted person, and aggravated cruelty to an animal.