GRANTSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – A Utah man accused of sexually abusing multiple children was arrested by Grantsville police.
Mark A. Swan, 48, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of 37 counts of child sex abuse charges including sexual abuse of a child, lewdness involving a child, rape of a child, sodomy of a child, and sexual exploitation of a minor.
According to a probable cause statement, a parent contacted police about a man inappropriately touching their children.
Police set up an interview with the victims at the children justice center and all of the victims, ranging in age from 7-13, identified Swan and the man who tried to make them touch him inappropriately.
Police believe one of the victims has been being raped by Swan over the last four years.
Police served a search warrant at Swan’s home and reportedly found “multiple items the victims mentioned during their disclosures.”
Investigators describe Swan as a “serial abuser” who constitutes a “substantial danger” to the community. The arresting officer reported the fear that if Swan was released, he could harm the victims for speaking to law enforcement.
Swan was booked into the Tooele County Jail.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Former HHS regional director discusses the state of healthcare
- The IUP Panel on presidential polling, Romney 2020 and religious freedom
- Utah State runs away from Nevada, 36-10
- Baylor Romney leads BYU to upset victory over #14 Boise State, 28-25
- Jefferson Savarino scores game-winner as RSL beats Portland, 2-1