SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) — Governor Gary Herbert issued an Executive Order on Friday declaring a State of Emergency due to the magnitude 5.7 earthquake which struck Utah on Wednesday, according to a release.
“I’m tremendously proud of how first responders and officials on the city, county and state levels worked together to respond to Wednesday’s earthquake,” Gov. Herbert said. “We are grateful that we had no major injuries and no fatalities as a result of this quake, but now we need to focus on helping our communities repair damages.”
The order will expedite the use of state and federal resources should they become necessary.
View the full Executive Order here.
- Man arrested for punching girls at high school basketball game, police say
- Why do Texans eat pickles at movie theaters — and why doesn’t everyone else?
- Biden says US ‘going to take care of’ Chinese balloon: Here’s how it might happen
- What we know — and don’t know — about the Chinese balloon
- Can GoFundMe prevent scammers from starting fraudulent fundraisers?