SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A new report from boatsafe.com using data from the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) shows that Utah is among the most accident-prone boating states in the nation.
The map above is based upon data from the BTS while looking at the number of accidents (causing injury, death or property damage) per 100,000 registered watercraft.
Nevada is the most accident-prone boating state with 129.49 accidents per 100,000 registered watercraft. Utah ranks second with 126.15 accidents per 100,000 registered watercraft.
Other accident-prone boating states include Arizona, New Jersey, New Mexico, Maryland and Rhode Island.
The safest boating states were Vermont, North Dakota and Pennsylvania.
What others are clicking on:
- Mutant, more contagious coronavirus strain has emerged, scientists say
- 6 more deaths related to COVID-19 announced Tuesday, brings Utah’s total to 56
- DWR proposes several changes to hunting dates, asks for feedback
- Twilight fans have a new book to read
- Mother’s Day gift ideas with Dawn’s Corner