11/26/2018 – The Utah Transit Authority wants passengers to be more aware when around busses and trains. They kicked of the ’12 Days of Safety’ campaign to heighten passenger awareness during winter months when there is less daylight.
The 12 tips include:
- Remove one ear bud to hear trains or buses
- Hold children’s hands on platforms and curbs
- Use designated crosswalks and station crossings / observe yellow warning light.
- Wait for red lights to stop flashing and gates to rise before crossing train tracks.
- Walk, don’t run!
- Look both ways before crossing / stay visible to approaching trains or buses.
- Bundle up and stay warm while waiting for your bus to arrive.
- Step safely! Use handrails to safely step onto trains or buses.
- Don’t be distracted. Shut off your phones when approaching trains or buses.
- Arrive 10 minutes early so you can walk safely to your stop.
- Don’t ride scooters or bikes on train platforms.
- Don’t jay walk! Use designated crosswalks or yellow train crossings