SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A crime spree across the Salt Lake Valley that ended in a deadly shooting has been ruled justified by Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.
The incident happened back on April 8, 2019. Police say 37-year-old Harold Robinson fired gunshots out of his vehicle while driving.
The pursuit ultimately ended at 3339 South State St. where Robinson was shot and killed by police, according to officials.
Gill said, “I don’t say this lightly. This had the potential to kill scores of civilians and law enforcement officers.”
Gill added that everyone involved was very lucky that things didn’t turn out differently.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Salt Lake School District to host informational meeting about extracurricular fees
- Utahn with COVID-19 undergoes treatment at Intermountain Medical Center
- Jury finds Utah man guilty of murder
- Taken or ran away? Missing children cases require police to determine whether kids were abducted or left on their own
- Is anyone targeting the Asian American Vote?