SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A crime spree across the Salt Lake Valley that ended in a deadly shooting has been ruled justified by Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill.
The incident happened back on April 8, 2019. Police say 37-year-old Harold Robinson fired gunshots out of his vehicle while driving.
The pursuit ultimately ended at 3339 South State St. where Robinson was shot and killed by police, according to officials.
Gill said, “I don’t say this lightly. This had the potential to kill scores of civilians and law enforcement officers.”
Gill added that everyone involved was very lucky that things didn’t turn out differently.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Logan elementary student says ‘racism ends with my generation’
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Crews start to demolish the old airport to finish the new one
- Police searching for suspect in veterinary hospital robbery in Sandy
- How to address youth mental health challenges during the pandemic