SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News)- University of Utah Police Department released a statement to remind the campus and community that it continues to investigate an alleged sexual assault.
The department said its primary focus since the alleged assault was reported has been to “investigate the case, ensure the safety of the campus, support the individual who reported the incident and provide all needed resources.”
The statement serves to reassure the campus community that the investigation is continuing. Police said they are working to generate leads and are reviewing all available sources of information.
If you were in the area west of the Marriott Library on Monday evening, and you have information to share that can help the investigation, you’re asked to call 801-585-2677.
Since receiving this report, the police department said it has increased the number of police officers and security staff patrolling campus and available to provide courtesy escorts. Anyone who would like a courtesy escort should call 801-585-2677.
Counseling and support services are available from several entities on campus. They include:
- Center for Student Wellness (victim-survivor advocates, bystander intervention training): 801-581-7776
- University Counseling Center: 801-581-6826
- Women’s Resource Center: 801-581-6402
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action: 801-581-8365
- Office of the Dean of Students: 801-581-7066
- Department of Public Safety: 801-585-267