SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – The University of Utah campus community is mourning the death of an ROTC cadet.
University of Utah officials said senior Elva Torres collapsed during physical training with her ROTC cohort on campus the morning of Monday, Aug. 26. She was rushed to University of Utah Hospital where she died on Aug. 28.
Torres was studying film and media studies at the university. She was 23 years old and graduated from Northridge high school in Layton, Utah in 2014.
The university said her cause of death has not yet been determined.
The university said Torres will be included in a spring memorial service that honors the lives and memories of students who have died during the school year.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Alpine School District outlines proposed back to school plan
- Police reform in Utah: New poll suggests Utahns want more systemic reforms in place
- Google Fiber expands to Millcreek
- The Justice Files: Where’s my justice?
- Unified Police Department looking to identify robbery suspect