SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) -The University of Utah issued two new campus alerts Friday evening as police continue to ask the public for help in locating the suspect and vehicle used in an attempted assault on April 13.
- Police are looking for a 1998-2000 dark green, extended-cab Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck with a large truck-bed toolbox.
- If you see this truck, please note the plate number and contact police immediately at 801-585-2677.
- Police are also interested in speaking with anyone who may have been in the area of 500 South by Rice-Eccles Stadium around 12:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 13. Again, please notify campus police at 801-585-2677.
University police are advising the campus community to take the following precautions while the investigation continues:
- When walking across campus, travel in groups. If that is not possible and you plan to walk alone, please request a courtesy escort. This service is available 24/7 by calling 801-585-2677. It generally takes just seven minutes for an escort to arrive.
- When walking, be alert and aware of your surroundings. Put electronic devices away and keep headphone volume low so you can hear what is happening around you. Report suspicious activity to 801-585-2677.
- Stay on lighted pathways. If you notice dark areas or lights that are out, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so the area can be addressed.
- When traveling, let someone know when and where you’re going and when you will return.
The university’s Department of Public Safety said it continues to have increased numbers of police officers and security staff patrolling campus.