SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 Utah) – The University of Utah honored 11 Utah veterans at its 20th annual Veterans Day Ceremony Friday.
The ceremony was preceded by a bagpipe procession from the Marriott Library to the Union and ended with a 21-cannon salute.
The annual tribute is part of a series of events throughout the week, including a panel discussion, a film screening, full dress military ceremony and a Veterans Day football game.
- David A. Dungan, pilot, Navy, Vietnam
- Quayle W. Dutson, infantry officer, Army, Vietnam
- James R. Fowler, flight surgeon, Navy, Vietnam
- Ronald C. Fry, infantry officer/Special Forces, Army/UT ARNG, Kosovo, Afghanistan
- Edwin “Jake” Garn, pilot, Navy/UT ANG, Vietnam
- Deena D. Haag, apache pilot, UT ARNG, Afghanistan
- John “Nick” Hansen, explosive ordnance disposal tech, Navy, Iraq
- Robert A Lilly, Jr., pilot, Air Force, Vietnam
- Christian A. Nelson, Jr., engineman, Navy, Vietnam
- Verne T. Nelson, wireman, Marine Corps, Korea
- Gayle B. Stewart, administration, Army, Vietnam/Korea
You can read more about them here.