SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Utah Highway Patrol is reminding drivers to watch out for road debris on Utah highways.
UHP reports that there were 6,384 crashes involving road debris statewide from 2010-2019. Seven of those crashes involved a fatality.
UHP gave drivers some tips to avoid road debris collision:
- Maintain vision down the road 12 to 15 seconds from your current location.
- Keep at least a 2-second following distance between you and the car in front of you.
- Drive at or below the posted speed limit.
What others are clicking on:
- Stimulus checks: Would a $1,500 payment make you more likely to get a COVID vaccine?
- Sanford Health calls off merger with Intermountain Healthcare
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children need help finding 15-year-old girl
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021
- Syracuse High School to pilot ‘Test to Stay’ program amid COVID-19 surge