The Utah Highway Patrol is adding dozens of shifts for a few weeks in an effort to target impaired drivers.
Troopers will be out in full force this weekend on the lookout for people driving impaired.
In the United States, someone dies every 51 minutes from a drunk-driving crash, according to Zero Fatalities Utah.
You may be observing an impaired driver if they:
- Drive unreasonably fast, slow or inconsistently
- Weave in or out of their travel lane
- Make frequent lane changes
- Ignore traffic signals and signs
- Drive at night without lights
- Drive too close to curbs, shoulders, the edge of the road or straddle the centerline
Be sure to report drivers exhibiting signs of impaired driving to police.
For more information on the dangers of impaired driving click here.