SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – A University of Utah police officer responding to a call was injured in a crash.
The officer was traveling southbound on 500 East when a female driver turned her car and hit him. The driver of the car was cited after a witness verified the police officer had the right of way.
According to the SLCPD, The officer suffered injuries to his leg and foot, but is expected to recover.
What others are clicking on:
- Local leaders react to Saturday’s protest in Salt Lake City
- Volunteers help clean up Capitol building after peaceful protest turns violent
- Governor Herbert issues statement following protests in Salt Lake City
- U.S. Attorney responds to statement from U.S. Department of Justice
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation