Two high school students burned by pressure cooker during class

Local News
breaking_1542737954464.PNG

MURRAY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Two high school students were taken to the hospital after being burned during a cooking class Tuesday morning

According to Murray Fire Department the two students were in a cooking class when they released the lid off a pressure cooker that had only water inside. 

Both students received minor burns. One student was taken by ambulance to the hospital and another student was taken by their parents. 

For those who use pressure cookers, there are a number of safety tips available online to help prevent similar incidents. 

**correction** The Murray Fire Department issued a correction on the name of the school the students attend. They had originally posted it was Cottonwood High School students, however it was an AMES Charter School teacher and his students, who rent space at Cottonwood High and not actual Cottonwood High School students. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Utah VP Debate

More Utah Debate