PANGUITCH, Utah (ABC4 News) – A man is dead following a crash on State Route 143 near Panguitch Thursday.
Utah Highway Patrol said the crash occurred at 4:48 p.m. on SR-143 near milepost 50.5. A Toyota pickup truck was traveling north on SR-143 and a motorcycle was traveling south in the same area.
Troopers said the pickup truck crossed over the centerline and hit the motorcycle head-on.
The man on the motorcycle, identified as Kevin S. Barnhurst, 68, of Panguitch, was killed on impact.
UHP said drowsy driving is being investigated as a possible cause for the crash. The follow-up investigation is going.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- DWR officials looking for suspects who illegally killed several geese in Uintah County
- Proposed park would protect important Utah dinosaur site
- Polygamy bill passes Senate, moves to House
- Sanders campaign to open Utah headquarters, add new staff
- Buttigieg draws large crowd at Utah campaign stop ahead of Super Tuesday