OGDEN, Utah (ABC4 Utah) – Ogden police have released new information in last week’s child abuse homicide case. Police told ABC4 Utah that the 3-year-old victim had been dead for quite a while before they were called to respond.
Miller Costello, 25, and Brenda Emile, 22, were booked into the Weber County Jail last Friday in relation to child abuse homicide. They are the biological parents of the 3-year-old victim Angelina Costello.
Ogden police along with the Ogden Fire Department, were the first to respond to the couple’s home, located in the 2800 block of Grant Avenue, after they received a 911 call reporting that Angelina was unconscious and not breathing. As soon as officials arrived to the home, they pronounced her dead from abusive trauma. The state medical examiner’s office and crime scene investigators were also called out.
“The injuries were significant and just really a horrific situation for the investigators and for the neighborhood and for the people involved,” said Cpt. Danielle Croyle, Ogden Police Department. “The extent of the injuries and trauma to this little girl were so devastating, obviously life-threatening and ultimately killed her.”
Cpt. Croyle said Angelina had been dead for an unknown amount of time.
“It appeared that the child had been deceased for some time.” 
Are we talking hours?” asked ABC4Utah”s Brittany Johnson.
“It wasn’t recent,” replied Croyle. “The child wasn’t warm to the touch and medical did respond and they determined she was deceased.”
Investigators said Angelina was covered with injuries “all over her body.”
“Are we talking cuts and bruises?” Johnson asked Croyle.
“We’re talking all of that. All of those types of injuries were manifested throughout her body,” Croyle said. “This has been a prolonged incident that has occurred over a significant amount of time.”
Costello and Emile have two other children. Police said the 4-year-old boy and their newborn girl were removed from the home in “good condition” and are in protective custody. 
Ogden police tell ABC4 Utah that the couple have moved around a lot — from Romania, California, Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, and have only lived in Ogden for a couple of days.
There are open cases against the family in both Colorado and Montana. 
No charges have been filed yet in this Ogden case, and no court date has been set yet.
“This was just a very horrific and tragic scene and very heartbreaking to have a sweet natured girl succumb to her death this way,” said Croyle.