SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – It was a day full of history — and discovery — in downtown Salt Lake City where officials at the Utah State Archives and records service building opened a time capsule circa 1887.
The capsule had been discovered in the old Central Junior High School in Ogden when it was demolished nearly 60 years ago.
Officials unveiled the items inside for the first time since it was found.
Among the items inside were chewing gum, a photograph of the school, a newspaper, and other documents from the time period.
The unveiling is part of an Archives Month celebration going on throughout October.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Cities across Northern Utah rally together to help conserve water
- WIND ALERTS: When will the strongest winds hit my neighborhood?
- Multiple power outages reported in Farmington and Kaysville areas
- I-Team: Police say teen and boyfriend tried to dismember dad’s body
- Utah business owners struggle with staff shortage, but state numbers say otherwise