SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (News4Utah) – Utah is the place to be this weekend. There are a variety of events and attractions taking place across the state, which means there’s a little something that everyone can enjoy.
Here’s what’s happening:
- Utah State Fair
- FanX Salt Lake Comic Con Convention
- Utah Greek Festival
- Maroon 5 and J. Cole in concert at the Vivint Smart Home Arena
- Snowbird Oktoberfest
- Brigham City Peach Days
- LOTOJA Race
- Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Run
- Utah Royals match
- Cal vs. BYU
- New Mexico State vs. Utah State
For a full list of events in your area, click here.
In response to all of the events, Utah Transit Authority is increasing its TRAX service.
Here’s the TRAX information for FanX Salt Lake Comic Con Convention:
Friday, September 7
Longer trains – all TRAX lines
- Between A.M. and P.M. Peak: 3-car Blue Line trains (instead of 2-car trains)
- P.M. Peak: Normal build up (Red Line trains 4-cars, Blue Line four 3-car trains and four 4-car trains, Green Line 2-car trains)
After P.M. Peak:
- 3-car Blue Line trains (Friday there will be a mix of 3 and 4 car Blue Line trains)
- 2-car Green Line trains (usually UTA cuts to 1 car trains)
- 2-car Red Line trains (usually UTA cuts to 1 and 2 car trains)
Saturday, September 8
- Longer trains on Blue and Green Lines
- Red Line: Normal 2-car trains
- Blue Line: 4-car trains (usually 2-car)
- Green Line: mix of 3-car and 4-car trains (usually 2-car)
- 10 minute Blue Line service 8 A.M. to 10 P.M.
- UTA will have 6 extra train running on the Blue Line from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Northbound: Blue Line every 10 minutes
- Southbound: Blue Line timing between trains will alternate between 5 and 15 minutes to average 10 minutes (can’t have exact 10 minute spacing due to signals and other TRAX lines)
- Before 8 a.m. and after 10 p.m., regular Saturday Blue Line service (20 minute headways)
- Red and Green Lines will have 20 minute headways all day
Here’s the TRAX information for BYU vs Cal:
- Bus: The Timpanogos Business Unit will run extra UVX buses from Provo FrontRunner and Orem FrontRunner beginning two hours prior to kickoff
- FrontRunner: Normal Saturday revenue service
- Bus: All post-game buses will be staged on Canyon Road just south of the stadium. Customers should board the bus within 15 minutes after the end of the game.
- To Provo Central Station: board buses facing southbound on Canyon Road.
- To Orem Station: board buses facing northbound on Canyon Road.
Normal Saturday revenue service.
The 11:17 pm and 12:17 am Provo departures will be held for up to 30 minutes to meet buses from the stadium.
For exact routes with UTA, click here.