SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) – On Saturday, during the women’s session of general conference, President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced eight temples that are planned to be built worldwide.
Two of those temples will be right here in Utah. One in Taylorsville and the other in Orem.
This makes the total number of operating temples (166) and temples announced or under construction (51) to 217worldwide.
A complete list of the temples can be found here: https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/october-2019-general-conference-temple-announcement
What others are reading:
- Utah comedian gives out Mandalorian Christmas cards to people who donate to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Utes thrilled for chance to defend Pac-12 title
- Same-sex marriage bill advances one step closer to Senate passage
- Body of missing Tennessee mother found in trunk of car after Michigan police chase, crash
- Trump takes sharp GOP criticism over meeting with white nationalist