SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC 4 News) – On Saturday, during the women’s session of general conference, President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced eight temples that are planned to be built worldwide.
Two of those temples will be right here in Utah. One in Taylorsville and the other in Orem.
This makes the total number of operating temples (166) and temples announced or under construction (51) to 217worldwide.
A complete list of the temples can be found here: https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.org/article/october-2019-general-conference-temple-announcement
What others are reading:
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing