SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police are currently investigating after a teenager was stabbed during a fight with another teen at a park in Sandy Thursday afternoon.
According to Sgt. Jason Nielsen, Sandy City police, they were called to Jordan High School on a report of the stabbing around 1:30 p.m.
When officers arrived, they were informed two teenage boys had been in a verbal fight at Dewey Bluth Park, located at 170 E. Sego Lily Drive when one of the teens pulled out a knife and stabbed the other before fleeing the area.
Nielsen said some people who were with the victim took him to the high school where police were then called.
The teen was transported to the hospital in serious condition, but he is expected to survive.
Nielsen was not able to confirm what high school either the suspect or the victim attends.
No one has been taken into custody as Nielsen said the incident is still under investigation.
What others are clicking on:
- Frozen II is visually stunning but doesn’t quite recapture the magic
- 2-year-old German Shepherd will forever look like a puppy due to rare genetic condition
- Plan ahead before hitting the road for holiday travel
- Mother in Clinton Amber Alert says she has legal guardianship of baby girl
- The Weight of the Call TONIGHT