DAVIS COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Davis County SWAT team was called in for an altercation in Sunset Friday.
According to Chief Ken Eborn of the Sunset Police Department, officers were called to the area of 1800 North 70 West where a man and a woman were in an argument outside of a house.
Officers on the scene were able to get the woman away from the house, but the man went inside the house, barricading himself.
Sunset Police said officers negotiated with the suspect but he refused to come out of the house.
The Davis County SWAT team was called in to help handle the situation.
Police said that after several hours, the man threw two handguns out of the front window of the house and surrendered to police just after 9 p.m.
No injuries were reported as a result of the incident.
- What was that loud ‘boom’ you just heard?
- Nationwide COVID-19 vaccine shortage impacting Utah
- Man arrested after allegedly stabbing teen at least 16 times in Layton
- Local drivers worry about the number of incidents and close calls on Mountain View Corridor
- Biden restricts travel from 26 European countries