TAYLORSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – A parole fugitive barricaded inside a house in Taylorsville prompted a response from multiple law enforcement agencies and SWAT teams.
Heavy police presence could be seen near 3500 West Valley Heights Drive in Taylorsville Wednesday evening.
Police said the situation began when 34-year-old Shane Lockhart, who was wanted by Adult Probation & Parole officers, was spotted in a stolen car. The car’s owner told police there was a gun inside.
As officers attempted to make contact with Lockhart, he took off, ditched the car, grabbed the gun and ran inside a vacant home, police said.
The UPD SWAT team was called to help negotiate his surrender. Lockhart was eventually taken into custody around 7:15 p.m.
Police say the neighborhood, where the incident took place, is still locked down while officers end their operation and debrief.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- No COVID-19 case counts released on Thanksgiving; most Utah testing sites closed
- Medical professionals at Huntsman Cancer Institute issue message over holiday gatherings
- Happy Thanksgiving from the GTU family
- Michael Jordan donates $2M from ‘The Last Dance’ proceeds to Feeding America
- Mexico says ‘The Mute’ gave green light to kill Americans, but victim’s father points to druglord Caro Quintero