SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Students at the University of Utah were given the opportunity to celebrate a milestone in the women’s suffrage movement on Tuesday.
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Marriott Library, the University, in partnership with the League of Women Voters of Utah, hosted a series of exhibits and events including a voter registration drive.
Friday, Feb. 14, 2020, marks 150 years since Seraph Young, a schoolteacher from Salt Lake City, became the first woman in the U.S. to cast a vote.
Learn more here.
What others are reading:
- Small Utah business proud to have created the largest American flag at the inauguration
- Man killed in West Valley crash
- Among dozens of inaugurations, President Biden’s Bible stands out
- President Biden signs 15 executive orders within hours of taking oath
- Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott to leave his post in June