SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Students at the University of Utah were given the opportunity to celebrate a milestone in the women’s suffrage movement on Tuesday.
From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Marriott Library, the University, in partnership with the League of Women Voters of Utah, hosted a series of exhibits and events including a voter registration drive.
Friday, Feb. 14, 2020, marks 150 years since Seraph Young, a schoolteacher from Salt Lake City, became the first woman in the U.S. to cast a vote.
Learn more here.
What others are reading:
- Beehive Blitz – Second Round Playoffs
- ‘The most beautiful, loving, and amazing soul’ says family of woman killed in Midvale homicide
- How do you test wastewater for COVID-19?
- Utah issues emergency alert due to rapid spread of COVID-19
- Kansas recalls hundreds of license plates over concern of racial slur