SOUTH JORDAN, Utah (ABC4 News) – The South Jordan Police Department has lifted the shelter-in-place order issued after suspicious activity near the Jordan Gateway Walmart and Sam’s Club Thursday morning.
One witness said that someone came inside the Walmart, showed their gun and left.
Officials tell ABC4 News police responded to reports soon after of an armed man in the backyard of a home near 110th south and 5th west. Police say the situations are related and had the suspect cornered in a back yard of the residence in a stand-off.
A witness told ABC4 News the suspect had a handgun. The witness said the stand-off started around 8 a.m. was resolved around noon.
What others are clicking on:
- Bear River Development Project could provide water for millions of future Utah residents
- How concerning behavior is reported to the Utah Board of Education
- Driver in stable condition after semi-truck rolls in Uintah County
- ‘The Andy Griffith Show’ actress Maggie Peterson passes away at 81
- How to donate breast milk during the baby formula shortage