SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Mayor-elect Erin Mendenhall’s transition committee met Monday to make recommendations to the mayor-elect on issues and priorities for Salt Lake City under her leadership.
The eight issues; specific teams within the committee gathered feedback from community councils, residents and leaders from across the city.
“These committees could have reported separately to us we could have set up one-hour meetings with each of the co-chairs to hear the results of their work but it was that the eight committees listened to each other and I think it illustrated in a very tangible way how interconnected and intersectional these big issues are for our city as they probably are for every capital city across the country,” said Mendenhall.
Mendenall says she plans to meet with the committee at various points throughout her term to ensure that her administration is hearing from diverse viewpoints.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Aggies get run over by Air Force, 35-7
- Only on ABC4: No charges for armed SLCPD officer who pushed man with cane down
- Coronavirus vaccine concerns: Can businesses require employees to get the shots?
- Navajo Nation extends mandatory lockdown, hospitals in ‘crisis mode’ due to COVID-19
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video