NEPHI, Utah (ABC4) – A portion of I-15 near Nephi is closed Tuesday morning after a semi tanker hauling gasoline lost its pup trailer.
Utah Highway Patrol says the incident happened near milepost 224 shortly after 6 a.m.
The pup trailer rolled and is leaking, according to UHP. The trailer has been isolated in the median and is not a threat to nearby persons or structures.
“Troopers are in an assist [role] to help the Juab County Fire officials with any needs their on-scene hazmat team requires.”
Traffic is being routed around the incident on surface streets through Nephi with a five hour closure expected.
- A year later: Remembering Kobe Bryant, eight others killed in helicopter crash
- CVS, Walgreens to transfer over 28,000 COVID-19 vaccine doses to Utah
- ‘Aight’: Utah bill honors Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell after harsh Shaq comment
- Can you tell the difference between earthquakes and sonic booms?
- Utah adds over 1,400 new COVID-19 cases, administers over 8,000 more vaccines