MILLCREEK CANYON, Utah (ABC4 News) – Salt Lake County Search and Rescue teams assisted in getting a large Mastiff down from Grandeur Peak Trail Sunday night.
Rescue crews said the 190-pound, 3-year-old Male Mastiff got injured about two miles up the trail. Several hikers had called Unified Police to report that the dog, who was with his owner, was stuck and unable to move.
Salt Lake County Search and Rescue members went into action and headed up the trail to make sure “Floyd” could get off the mountain before it got too cold.
Floyd was packaged in a litter and carried down the mountain around 10:30 p.m.
Salt Lake County Search and Rescue is an all-volunteer team. If you would like to donate to help us have the tools we need please visit: http://saltlakesearchandrescue.org/donation/
What others are clicking on:
- Murray mechanics help rescue kitten who got stuck in dashboard of car
- Blake Bortles makes practice debut but Driskel holds the reins as Broncos starting QB
- LIVE: What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
- Body found in pond near Miller Estate Apartments in Murray identified
- Zion National Park reports miles of graffiti at unprecedented levels