MILLCREEK CANYON, Utah (ABC4 News) – Salt Lake County Search and Rescue teams assisted in getting a large Mastiff down from Grandeur Peak Trail Sunday night.
Rescue crews said the 190-pound, 3-year-old Male Mastiff got injured about two miles up the trail. Several hikers had called Unified Police to report that the dog, who was with his owner, was stuck and unable to move.
Salt Lake County Search and Rescue members went into action and headed up the trail to make sure “Floyd” could get off the mountain before it got too cold.
Floyd was packaged in a litter and carried down the mountain around 10:30 p.m.
Salt Lake County Search and Rescue is an all-volunteer team. If you would like to donate to help us have the tools we need please visit: http://saltlakesearchandrescue.org/donation/
What others are clicking on:
- McRib returns this week: McDonald’s fan-fave back for 1st time in 8 years
- BREAKING NEWS: Firefighters battle structure fire dangerously close to gas station
- WD-Sporty: Thanksgiving Leftovers
- Millennials, Gen X-ers most likely to be porch pirates, said 2020 report
- Police search for suspect in West Jordan shooting