The Salt Lake Community College dance company is deeply involved in College and Community service, and in strengthening the educational/arts pipeline from middle school through undergraduate work.
We talked with Whitney Harris, director of the company, about upcoming events.
– Leading a Master Class for Middle and High School students and performing at Cottonwood Evening of Dance on Oct. 29;
– Serving and performing at the benefit concert, Art with Heart, at the Grand Theatre on Nov. 3 (ArtWithHeart.org);
– Serving and performing at Taste of Utah at The Grand America, benefiting Cystic Fibrosis (Tasteofutah.eventscff.org);
– Leading a workshop for High School students on dance, how to prepare for college, tips for success in the business, and mentoring by our Dance Company members;
– The culminating event is the Fall Dance Concert, No Status Quo, at the Grand Theatre November 16 & 17 at 7:00pm. Admission is free for College and High School students with their student ID and a can of food for the Bruin Pantry (our own on-campus food pantry). General Admission is $5 and the money goes directly toward funding similar endeavors on a continuous basis. Tickets and other event information at Calendar.slcc.edu