SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (News4Utah) – Salt Lake City came out on top of a list of potential cities for recent graduates.
Salt Lake City was named 2018’s Best Place to Start a Career, according to the personal finance website WalletHub.
The company ranked the cities across two major categories of “professional opportunities” and “quality of life.” More specific factors included job-market saturation, housing affordability and commuter-friendliness when creating the list of more than 180 U.S. cities.
Best Cities to Start a Career
- 24th – Projected Population Growth (2046 vs. 2016)
- 60th – Monthly Avg. Starting Salary (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 4th – Entry-Level Jobs per 100,000 Working-Age Population
- 17th – Annual Job Growth Rate (Adjusted for Population Growth)
- 1st – Unemployment Rate
- 25th – % of Adults Aged 25 & Older with at Least a Bachelor’s Degree
Ultimately, Salt Lake City was crowned number one because it boasts a high number of entry-level jobs and offers a favorable quality of life.
For the entire list and more detailed information about how they were scored, visit WalletHub.