SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Do you know someone between the ages of 14 to 19 who is interested in a future career in law enforcement?
If so, Salt Lake City Police Department’s Explorer Program might be the perfect fit. Those interested in applying must do so within the next 8 days. The department posted the following on Twitter:
Eligibility requirements include passing a background check, having a GPA of 2.0 or higher, and receiving parental permission, according to the Salt Lake Police Department’s website. In addition, eligible applicants have not been convicted of a serious crime.
Members of the explorer program have the opportunity to attend classes about the law enforcement field and must attend Post activities and community service projects. Members are non-paid volunteers.
Though the explorer program is not a prerequisite for a law enforcement career, it is designed to educate and involve youth who may be interested.
Visit slcpd.com for more information about how to apply.
What others are reading:
- Breonna Taylor decision sparks protest in Salt Lake City
- Provo High stopped from moving football game to Spanish Fork to avoid COVID restrictions
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- ‘We have a dead body’: Diver retrieves cadaver from Murray apartment complex pond
- The Justice File: Who killed Mona ‘Heather’ Ulibarri? Part 2