SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Real Salt Lake legend Nick Rimando and Mayor Jackie Biskupski helped announce a new project to help the kids in Salt Lake City.
The outgoing mayor and the retired RSL goalkeeper announced a new public-private proposal with the RSL Foundation, the Hansen Foundation that will rebuild the current Sugarhouse Boys and Girls club.
The new plaza will feature a brand new Boys and Girls club and a new futsal court (indoor soccer).
Once the project is completed, the new facilities will help generations of children with a better place to learn and play the sport and will be named in honor of Rimando.
Watch the full press conference about the expansion here:
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Utah kid on journey to solve homelessness
- Woman and son transported to hospital after apartment fire in Salt Lake City
- Haynie family funeral: Father and son speak of faith, community support and keeping memories alive as they move forward
- Utah zoo disputes placement on ‘Worst Zoos for Elephants’ list
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump