LITTLE COTTONWOOD CANYON, Utah (ABC4 News) – Roads at Little Cottonwood Canyon closed Sunday and part of Monday morning for avalanche control.
The closure started at 2:30 p.m. Sunday and as of 8:30 a.m. Monday, most of the canyon was still closed.
In a tweet, officials said there is no estimated time that the road will open, but some drivers are being escorted up to 7 Turns.
Interlodge at Alta is also in effect.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Empty Utah: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Conference Center and Temple Square
- Empty Utah: The Shops at South Town
- President Nelson announces construction of 8 new temples throughout the world, one in Utah
- Mountain America Expo Center turned into alternate care site
- Tiger at NYC’s Bronx Zoo tests positive for coronavirus