LAYTON, Utah (ABC4 News) – An exterior rendering has been released showing the planned design of the Layton Utah Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
In a press release issued by the church, they stated project leaders are preparing to file additional public documents relating to plans for the temple’s design.
A groundbreaking date has not been set yet.
Utah currently has 17 operating temples. In addition to Layton, temples have also been announced in Orem, Saratoga Springs, Taylorsville, Tooele Valley, and Washington County.
The press release stated Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints consider temples to be the “house of the Lord,” the most sacred places on earth. Unlike meetinghouses, where Sabbath worship and weekly activities take place, temples are open throughout the week and closed on Sundays.
What others are clicking on:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing