LOGAN CANYON (ABC4 News) – Logan Canyon US 89 reopened Friday evening after a closure due to an avalanche.
U.S. Forest officials said the avalanche occurred between Woodcamp campground and Temple Fork (the Dugway).
This was the second time the canyon was closed Friday. A portion of the canyon was closed in the morning due to “white-out” driving conditions.
The Utah Avalanche Center released multiple warnings for canyons in northern Utah until Saturday at 6 a.m.
To check current avalanche conditions, click here.
What others are reading:
- Border patrol SWAT teams to help ICE track down undocumented immigrants
- Man accused of evading officers, assaulting homeowner in Box Elder County
- Investigators release notarized letter left behind with man’s body found in Tooele freezer
- Community rallies behind man who lost job at Taylorsville Walmart
- Amazon driver rescues man while delivering package