LOGAN CANYON (ABC4 News) – Logan Canyon US 89 reopened Friday evening after a closure due to an avalanche.
U.S. Forest officials said the avalanche occurred between Woodcamp campground and Temple Fork (the Dugway).
This was the second time the canyon was closed Friday. A portion of the canyon was closed in the morning due to “white-out” driving conditions.
The Utah Avalanche Center released multiple warnings for canyons in northern Utah until Saturday at 6 a.m.
To check current avalanche conditions, click here.
What others are reading:
- Empty Utah: West Jordan High School
- Digital learning solutions for parents and teachers
- Background checks indicate firearm sales are up
- Jessop’s Journal: How an ABC4 Utah News story reunites birth mother with adopted son
- Jeff Burningham selects Sen. Dan McCay as running mate