Update: Lundgren was released from jail on Monday, July 15th. Charges were never filed.
MIDVALE, Utah (ABC4 News) – A woman is dead, and her boyfriend is accused of murder after a shooting in Midvale.
Police said the evidence did not align after reports of a self-inflicted gunshot wound Tuesday night.
Sgt. Melody Gray with the Unified Police Department said officers were called to the area of 200 West 8600 South around 10 p.m. on reports that a 27-year-old woman had shot herself.
When police arrived to interview witnesses at the home, Sgt. Gray said, “statements weren’t consistent with the evidence.”
Further investigation revealed a domestic dispute occurred between the victim and her boyfriend, prior to her being shot. This case is now being investigated as a homicide, according to Sgt. Gray.
Sgt. Gray said the victim, later identified as Shaina Bigby, was placed on life support but died due to her injuries Wednesday.
Police said her boyfriend, Cameron Lundgren, was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of murder and felony discharge of a firearm.
A GoFundMe has been set of for the family of Bigby for anyone wishing to help.
What others are clicking on:
- Multi day storm event—wet weather to stay through weekend
- Jazz get hot in Minnesota and knock off Timberwolves, 127-116
- Many Republicans & Democrats still not on board with tax reform proposal
- Amazon presents Volunteers of America, Utah with $30K donation to fight homelessness
- USPS expects a busy holiday season