UPDATE: The suspect who was injured in an officer-involved shooting has been identified as Tyler Webster, 20, according to police.
Police say Webster was booked into jail Monday.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Police are on the scene of an officer-involved critical incident Wednesday afternoon.
Salt Lake City police reported the incident near 1460 W. North Temple.
Police said officers stopped a stolen vehicle around 3:40 p.m., and at some point, during the interaction, a shot was fired.
SLCPD Sgt. Horrocks said officers immediately rendered medical aid and a 20-year-old male suspect was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The Unified Police Department is leading the officer-involved critical incident protocol team to conduct an independent investigation into what happened.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Local leaders react to Saturday’s protest in Salt Lake City
- Volunteers help clean up Capitol building after peaceful protest turns violent
- Governor Herbert issues statement following protests in Salt Lake City
- U.S. Attorney responds to statement from U.S. Department of Justice
- President of Auburn University posts letter on the current state of the nation