UPDATE: The suspect who was injured in an officer-involved shooting has been identified as Tyler Webster, 20, according to police.
Police say Webster was booked into jail Monday.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – Police are on the scene of an officer-involved critical incident Wednesday afternoon.
Salt Lake City police reported the incident near 1460 W. North Temple.
Police said officers stopped a stolen vehicle around 3:40 p.m., and at some point, during the interaction, a shot was fired.
SLCPD Sgt. Horrocks said officers immediately rendered medical aid and a 20-year-old male suspect was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
The Unified Police Department is leading the officer-involved critical incident protocol team to conduct an independent investigation into what happened.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Super Bowl Commercials: Molly Ringwald to star alongside an avocado
- Senate Republicans want to hear ‘both sides’ of impeachment trial
- Gun rights advocates pick up trash after protesting peacefully in Richmond
- 49ers offensive assistant coach Katie Sowers discusses her road to the NFL
- Police warn about ‘highly addictive substance’ hitting the streets: Girl Scout cookies