OGDEN, Utah (ABC4 News) – Ogden Police Department released body camera footage of an August officer-involved shooting.
Jovany Mercado-Bedolla, 26, was shot and killed by Ogden police officers on Friday, August 16.
Officers responded to the area near 32nd and Gramercy on reports of a man with a knife searching through cars.
Wednesday, investigators released a 45-second clip showing what transpired before police opened fire.
The video appears to show Mercado-Bedolla ignore repeated orders to drop a knife. Police said he “began advancing on the officers with the knife in clear view and ignored repeated orders to stop.”
Four officers fired their weapons, and they were all placed on paid administrative leave following the shooting.
The Weber County Attorney’s Office was tasked reviewing the use of force by the department.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- BYU pulls off biggest victory in years, beating #2 Gonzaga, 91-78
- Harden, Westbrook lead Rockets to 120-110 victory over Jazz
- Wasatch Front and St. George experiencing 911 outages, here are the numbers to call instead
- Records: UPD officers find driver passed out behind the wheel in the middle of the street, blasting music
- Two men confirmed dead after a single engine Cessna crashes at Dillingham Airfield