UPDATE (01/09/2019) – Nicole Lester, the woman arrested on New Years Eve after she told a neighbor she had killed her daughter, has been charged.
Lester was charged with one count first-degree felony aggravated murder in 3rd District Court on Wednesday. She is currently being held in the Salt Lake County Jail without bail.
Her next court appearance is scheduled for Jan 13.
WEST VALLEY CITY (ABC4 News) – A woman is in custody after police said she admitted to a neighbor that she killed her 4-year-old daughter.
West Valley City police said Nicole Lester, 29, was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and accused of aggravated murder late Tuesday morning.
Officers were dispatched to a home on Losee Drive after a neighbor reported a woman knocked on his door around 5 a.m. telling the neighbor that she killed her 4-year-old daughter Laney Vos.
WVCPD Public Information Officer Roxeanne Vainuku said when officers responded they confirmed the death of the 4-year-old girl. Police noted Lester was sitting outside of her home wearing bloody clothing.
Police said they also found a 6-year-old boy asleep in the home; that child is now in the care of his grandmother.
The Laney’s cause of death is under investigation, but police noted “many sharp-edged type wounds” to her body.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- One man missing after Utah County home explosion
- Officer hospitalized, given Narcan after fentanyl exposure following foot chase with Utah man
- LIV Golf Chicago: 5 share individual lead; Stinger grabs team lead
- Man pleads guilty to killing 42-year-old Utah father in deadly road rage incident
- Dive into wellness at the free Optum Senior Health Fair at Living Planet Aquarium!