SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – A person is dead after they were hit by a semi-truck in downtown Friday morning.
The incident happened at 600 South and 500 West at the bottom of the off ramp from I-15 just before 11 a.m.
The person, who was in the road at the time, died on impact.
Sgt. Lisa Pascadlo with the Salt Lake City Police Dept. said the driver was unable to stop in time.
“We expect the off ramp to be closed for several hours,” she said.
This isn’t the first time someone has been hit in this area. In 2018 a man was hit in the exact same spot.
- One Utah Child Care for essential employees will conclude end of June
- Family finds blasting caps and dynamite in Gransville home
- Larry H. Miller Group and Red Cross to host blood drive
- Students to return to SUU campus this fall
- Tired of sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day?