UTAH COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Crews are currently battling a wildfire after a pickup truck with two teens inside started on fire in Utah County Sunday night.
According to Sgt. Spencer Cannon, Utah County Sheriff, a 19-year-old man and a 17-year-old-girl were in a pickup truck in the Manti-La Sal National Forest area when the pickup caught fire. The fire then spread, causing a 3-5 acre wildfire.
Utah County Fire Inspector Randy Crowther said the fire started about 5 p.m.
Crews from at least five departments, including US Forest Service, Utah County Fire Department, Salem Fire Department, Spanish Fork Fire Department and State of Utah are working to extinguish the fire.
Cannon said the fire is near the area impacted by the Pole Creek Fire in 2018.
*developing* An update will be provided once additional details are released.
What others are clicking on:
- Video shows a man in parachute slam into building in downtown Cleveland
- Firefighters battle field fire near Draper furniture stores
- Juveniles in custody after high speed chase
- Another push for governor? Social media post renews Huntsman write-in candidacy
- Pres. Trump pulled from White House briefing by Secret Service, says ‘suspect’ was shot outside